Peaceful parenting has been called a lot of different names by people completely unfamiliar with the concept. From ‘hippie parenting’ to ‘old fashioned parenting’ to ‘new age parenting’, the term has a lot of names, associated with it. What you have to first understand about peaceful parentingis that it is the most basic, the most primal way of parenting. This is the way of parenting that takes us the closest to the natural way.For more information continue reading this.
Peaceful parenting is also known as ‘natural family living’ or ‘natural parenting’. The exact reason it is called these names is that this is the natural way of parenting. In today’s world, where most people don’t have any time to spend with their children, peaceful parenting advocates a form of parenting, where the whole family is a single unit. Peaceful parenting is becoming more relevant now, as people have started realising that the way they raise their children is not something that will affect the child or the family alone, but rather the entire society itself.
What is a peaceful parent like?
• Instead of becoming angry or frustrated, a peaceful parent will keep a neutral emotion while dealing with any kind of conflicts involving his or her children. This way, the parents can maintain their calmness and teach their children how to deal with a difficult situation.
• Peaceful parents set limits on their children with compassion. A peaceful parent never lets anger take over his or her decision. They will take any decision with compassion and understanding of the child’s needs.
• A peaceful parent will always think before reacting. Whatever the gravity of the situation, instead of reacting rashly, he or she will give the problem enough thought. This way, any conflict that may arise is avoided.
• Peaceful parents will accept their children’s all emotions. While most parents find it difficult to deal with the tantrums of their children, a peaceful parent will be able to handle it with elegance due to their way of parenting.
• Peaceful parents take the complete responsibility for their own emotions and happiness. They understand that the only person responsible for their feelings is they themselves. This will provide a much more wholesome atmosphere for a childas he or she will no longer be held responsible for the parents’ happiness.
Some of the ways to practice being a peaceful parent-
• Show your love for your children, every day. Hug them and give them kisses. Do this no matter how old your child is.
• Teach your children to become self-sufficient, at a young age itself. Start teaching them to do all of their chores from the age of 3 or 4 itself. Though it will be really tough, they will finally learn it someday.
• Ask the older children to take care of the younger ones. This way, the older ones will learn responsibility and how it feels to be responsible for another person. This will also help the parent. Remember to keep an eye on them though.
• Read to your children. This is something every parent should do. The mother and father should take turns reading to the child every night to create a wonderful bond between them.
• Play with your children.
These are only some of the most basic ideas of peaceful parenting. Read and find out more to understand this wonderful form of parenting.